Friday, February 09, 2007

Being old isn't easy

Why is it whenever you’re watching someone out there doing something inspiring, you feel like nothing’s going to stop you either but that feeling just fades with time?


I watched this movie on HBO called ‘My date with Drew’. It’s about this average guy Brian who decided to do a documentary about trying to get a date with Drew Barrymore within 30 days.
I tuned in about midway into the movie and thought, “wow… what a loser!”
It was a tough journey for him and within minutes, I was rooting for him though I was still thinking, “Geez… what a loser…”

He seems like a genuinely sweet guy though a little geeky so you couldn’t help but like him!

And you know what? He did get his date with Drew Barrymore and I was really happy for him.
Anyway after watching the show, I was inspired to do something.

No, I’m not going to do a documentary called ‘My date with Yunho’ though… it seems pretty tempting =D

I was just sitting there and thinking, “I’m turning twenty soon. What have I done in my life so far? What have I achieved so far?”

Well, nothing fantastic.
I haven’t bungee jumped off the Empire State building nor have I ever been on TV, well, except for that one time that I walked purposely behind a news reporter in Adelaide and that time when they caught Chow Mei and I in Dong Bang Shin Ki’s concert. *cringe*

But I’m pretty happy with things.
My life may not be exciting or glamorous but there’s always something that’s going to happen; may it be good or bad.
I have exactly two weeks before I’m heading back to Adelaide. I’m thrilled about it yet saddened too. But life goes on and I must too.
For now, I’m really enjoying spending time with my family at home. I realized that I’m more of a homebody than an outgoing one. Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy going out but there’s nothing like relaxing at home and having you to yourself.
I’m getting old, aren’t I?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...