Friday, June 01, 2007

Could you do me a favour?

"Could you do me a favour?"

The moment he asked, I knew he wanted something. He doesn't usually talk to me, so why did he choose to sit next to me today and started being so friendly.

He asked to photocopy my practical book so he could get an idea of what the discussions are about.

I was rather speechless.

"Don't worry, I won't copy the exact words or anything. I just want an idea of what to write, that's all," he continued.

One whole semester's worth of practicals? His book was practically blank.




I had trouble sleeping last night because I was rather pissed.
At myself and at him.

I was mad at myself because this was not the first time something like this has happened and everytime I would give in and shrug it off. I was so sick of being taken advantage of.
But it was always too hard to put my foot down :(

I was mad at him because he was using me. And if I let him use me, he might do it again. And again.



I didn't know whether I should just pretend to forget to lend him my book or tell him that I couldn't do it because it was just plain unfair.






So I confronted him today.





It was so damm difficult to do!

>.<



I told him how I felt. I said that I wasn't happy. I said that I felt used.
Surprisingly, he understood and was really sorry.

He didn't want things to be awkward between us. I didn't either.
So he told me that he didn't want to photocopy my book anymore.

I told him that I would help and dicuss the areas he needed help in.

So we've resolved it and we're both happy.


:)


Now, aren't you proud of me?

8 comments:

SirSC said...

smart lisha :D, i would let him photocopy but i will tell lecturer

said...

isn't that a bit harsh? o__o

SirSC said...

yalo...sadness..im so mean :P

shinichi said...

wahh i really respect you.. for doing that.. i would not have the courage to confront that person.. all i did was to give it to that person and then kicked myself in the arse for doing so.. sigh.. [and my report was deduced 50% cos the person i borrowed to copied 100%! =(]

Nice JOB! hehe

Whiskoffee said...

sometimes the best option is to take the middle ground. u just did it! =)

Cheryl said...

you're awesome lisha... i hate being used too!!!

i remember when i was doing year 12 here, there was this china girl who tried to cheat during a chemistry test, she went "PSST!" and looked over at my answers. and i stupidly didn't bother to cover, much as i was pissed.

and we weer sitting at the first row.

lol! i didn't tell the tchr though! but i think he saw it, and gave me that pitiful look.

said...

Waaa.. O__O
Thank you for your kind comments guys.. *Sniff* *Sniff*


@sirsc
Ahh... I'm not saying you're mean but I think there must be a more fair way of settling things ^^


@shinichi
Hullo there! ^^
Yeah, I know what you mean. Happens to me all the time.. forunately for me, I've never really suffered, except emotionally.
I guess I just got sick of it. One day you will too! And when you do, STAND YOUR GROUND DUDE
It's hard but once you've done it, you'll feel like a new woman *cough*


@whiskoffee
Ahh yes ^_^
But it's easier said than done.
Although I felt so great after voicing out my feelings, I'd do it again!! MUAHAHAAA!
I'm just glad we came to a solution we're both happy with.
*prances*


@Cheryl
Shouldn't you be studying?!
*makes angry frowning faces at you*

>=(

Man, why didn't you tell the teacher? I had someone copy my answers once back in primary school.. and the teacher thought I was the one who copied!! =O
But she just warned me and I was so stunned (and young) that I just nodded .__.

Cheryl said...

hahaha my teacher's nice... and... hmm erps, i kinda wasss the top in class for chem so he knows im being used. boohoo!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...