Monday, May 26, 2008

Boys in shorts

Forgive me for thinking that soccer is a game where overgrown
men chase a ball into a massive net and nothing more.





But I'm slowly learning the game.
Heck, I even know what an offside is!
That's not too bad for a girl, ya know!



Anyway, it was a while back but when I heard a korean soccer
team was playing against Adelaide United, I jumped at the chance!
Fit Korean guys in shorts?
MmmmMM, I'm there baby!!

^The few Adelaide supporters among the Korean crowd!

As international students, we were invited to a pre-party to meet some members of the team, indulge in finger foods and win prizes.


You could get your face painted too!! :)

Mel with her awesomous face paint



Like I said, there were prizes to be won!
So Rudi and I huddled near the stage where the host
was so we had a better chance of getting noticed!
But poor Rudi was often overlooked by the host.
And you'd think I'd be missed too but I know
effective ways to make up the lack of height.
(Basically I just kept hopping up and down, waving my arm like an idiot)



It paid off when I won an autographed cap!

But what I really wanted was the autographed scarf!

*pouts*


But then there was an even bigger prize, well, two actually!
Two autographed footballs to be given away!

And to win it, you've got to beat your opponent in a
'who can spin the ball the longest on yer finger' face off!

The first thing that went through my mind was "I CAN DO THAT!!"
although I haven't spun a ball on my finger in like 5 years.


Unfortunately, Rudi and I weren't picked :(
Boooooo!




Challengers 1 and 2

They were given 30 seconds to practice. In that time, the dude on the right spun the ball so hard that it flew towards the face of a member of the audience!

So I'm pretty sure you can tell who won!



Anyway, when the second ball was up for grabs, an eager sea of hands went up.
I didn't put my hand up this time because I hesitated; I didn't think I could do it.
Plus I'd hate losing!


After a quick scan, the host asked, "Why aren't any girls participating?"
With urging from Melaine and the sudden rush of adrenaline, my hand shot up!

Thus I found myself taking up the challenge..



Was so determined to win that I didn't notice that my opponent was kinda cute. Hehe!


The determination paid off because... I WON!

Wooo! *prances*

I mean, look at that! How can I not win?
(Okay... I outlasted the guy by a second or so. Heh. But a win is a win!)


But enough about me, me, me!

Back to the game!!
It was a cold night so I was freezing my butt off!
It got a bit boring as no one was getting any goals.
With about 20 minutes left in the game, Adelaide United scored!

WOOOOOOO!

The game ended 1-0!


The Korean players (Pohang Steelers)!


Sadly, I did not spot any superbly good-looking Korean boy or player.
But I can't complain too much! I won an autographed football after all!


WOOOOOOOO!!



3 comments:

bernard n. shull said...

i did a little research after you told me about your "thing", and if you want a way to make more money using your your blog you can enter this site: link. bye.

Bruce said...

Stalking eye-candies? I don't think any of those poor boys in their short would have known what hit them! ;-)

Doraemon said...

wowo.. cool.. u are the winner. i dont' dare to challenge u. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...