Thursday, July 09, 2009

Book reading pt 1



Am reading 'The Notebooks of Leonardo Da Vinci'



So far.. I've read the epilogue and .... I'm struggling.





Ooo.. I can just imagine him 'tut'-ing at me. *shame face*



When I was younger, I tend to keep a dictionary with me or at least a pen and paper whenever I read a book so I can jot down words I'm unfamiliar with and look them up. This really expanded my vocab.

Unfortunately, I was curling up in bed last night with the book and gave up after about 5 pages or so because
  1. History is not my strong point so I have no idea who the author is referring to; and
  2. I didn't have a pen and paper with me and my dictionary and laptop (Good old Google and Wikipedia) were too far away from me.

I was much too comfortable in my bed to crawl across the room to search for the meanings, historic events and the illustrations.


Bugger.


But I'm not going to give up yet. Tonight I'm going to arm myself with resources so last night's fiasco won't repeat itself.

*determined face >=(

2 comments:

Joshua said...

wah!!! jia you! =)

Lewis WynCarroll said...

i cant find this book in spore. i need to try harder, i suppose. -.-"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...