Sunday, September 06, 2009

Nyah..

I can finally breathe.

Today's the only day where I have no where to run to. And I slept in today :D
Well, maybe I'll pop by the Chadstone Shopping Centre to send in some resumes :)

Things are going well at the lab in Monash. I love the people there. At the moment, I can't kill little mice because I've got to attend the 'Animal Ethics and Handling' induction which only begins sometime next year. So YAY! Let's hope I've found a job by then!

I've had three interviews so far. Two were successful.

I've now got a part-time job as a computer-assisted telephone interviewer; it's tough but the pay is great. I might want to get another part-time job which isn't as stressful. I don't think it's a good sign if you dread and have nightmares about going into work. I know that I've only had several abusive and mad calls but their words keep playing in my head and stresses me.
I guess if I keep going at it, I will develop a really thick and impenetrable skin. LOL. Which might be a good thing??

I don't enjoy calling up people and ask if they have time for a 20-minute survey. I've had only two shifts so far.

My first shift was terrible; I had about 3 or 4 angry/abusive callers, one who kept panting and told me to keep talking (I thought he might be dying but after a while, I got a little freaked out by all the panting and hung up on him. What was he doing? I have no idea.) The others were generally nice and politely decline, or at least they don't curse at you.

My second shift, yesterday, was better. I actually had a guy who completed the survey in full, although it took us about 45 minutes! He used to work as a telephone interviewer so he emphasized with me *sniffles*


Oh, I've also got offered a job as a hair/skincare consultant whose job also includes reception/admin work, and as an officer-all-rounder. However, they want me to stay on for 9 - 10 years.

And I just want a part-time job!! :S

Anyway, they had me come in to have a look at what they do and have a feel of how the clinic and office runs. I got to observe a laser-assisted liposuction!
I must say, I'm incredibly fascinated and also quite grossed out by it. I won't be able to do any of these procedures, naturally, if I do take on the job but I'll be helping out.


So my heart is in a mess.
I'm glad I'm getting job offers but it's doing my head in a little.


It'll take time before I get offered an actual lab job (am hoping that grants are being approved soon so those scientists can get their money to hire meeeeee), so till then, I'll stick to my current part-time job until I get offered another part-time job or a full-time lab job.


Now I know how difficult it is to earn money!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...