Monday, February 01, 2010

The Aussie Open



As most of you know (the ones who have access to my facebook albums), Josh and I went to watch Justine Henin's semifinal against Zheng Jie on Thursday.

We didn't actually plan to watch a game; only to have a look around with the grounds pass ticket (which cost only $20 per person)

Anyho, we planned to spray Josh's car rims black and leave them to dry while we have our fun at the Australian Open.

Yes, I helped.

A little bit.

But that still counts :)



So we wanted to change his rims from silver to matte black


 
Very nice no??



Josh busy sandpapering the rims. 
(Look at his skinny legs!! Must feed him more!!)



















Spraying it the white primer


















Camwhoring while waiting for the primer to dry

















Coating it with matte black spray



 

















Josh finished his two front rims the other day.



The whole process takes up the entire day so we decided to leave the first black coat to dry while we made our way to the Rod Laver Arena.






























The young happy couple who at the time, had no idea that they were going to blow $180 each later that day.

















We were watching the game on a huge-ass TV screen. (Damm, I really wonder how much support Serena must get!!)

Josh turns to me with a serious face, "Want to do something crazy?"

I look at him blankly, "Eh?"

"Want to watch a game together?" he asks, without flinching.

Well, we know what I said.




So $180 poorer later,















PRECIOUS TICKETSSSSSS....
















We watched the amazing Justine Henin in action















 
We also witnessed Serena's interview. I recorded it so I didn't have too many pictures of her.
Was actually quite star-struck!! *O*




 It was scorching hot! Our Tim Tams were melting!! MELTINGGGGGGG!!



Our seats were good! Only about six seats away from courtside!
Plus the Zheng Jie's coach and her own cheering squad were sitting only mere meters from us.




It was a really short game (but it felt really long for me, so I was rather relieved when it was over!!)



Obligatory self-shots with the tennis court


So afterwards, Josh and I just strolled around. 

 



















There were lots of stalls (by the Australian Open sponsors) so there were numerous games that we could participate in, and small prizes to be won.






















This cute ANZ mascot was actually following Josh and I around for a little bit.
When I turned around, it put its finger to its "lips" to tell me to be quiet as it inched closer to Josh.
Of course, I couldn't help but laugh and ruined it for the poor mascot! HAHAHA!

In the above photo, it wanted to give a little toddler a hug but the poor girl just ran away. So her dad picked her up and charged towards the mascot!!!

















It was a good experience.  I wouldn't mind going again next year!! I hope to watch Federer and/or Nadal play!! :D

Okay, instant noodles from now onwards.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...