Sunday, October 10, 2010

And I return! The world rejoices!

After spending nearly a week in beautiful sunny Perth, it was almost saddening to return to the miserable weather of Melbourne. Fortunately, the weather is starting to warm up. It's actually gorgeous and warm outside with a temperature of 24 degrees. WOOTS!

I didn't manage to explore much of Perth as it was a business trip; I was pretty much just slaving away inside a building instead of enjoying the glorious weather outside. We did manage to squeeze in a quick visit to South Perth for a magnificent view of its city's skyline.

Anyho, I apologize for the lack of updates. I have been away and it's been absolute chaos at work the week prior to this. Perhaps for the first time since I started my job, I was swamped with feelings of uneasiness. I had actually dreaded to go to work at one point.

Let's just say my eyes have been opened and I can see with much clarity now to what has been happening all along. No doubt, I still enjoy my job and its challenges. I still intend to stay for a little longer, but if I wish to do so, I must tread lightly as I have learnt that being headstrong and even standing up for myself can cause a lot of trouble for others. Fortunately, I have found such good friends in some of my colleagues who will make my job so much easier and enjoyable :)

Now, enough ranting! Let me show you some pictures of things I've purchased lately!



I got this cute summery canvas bag from Dotti almost two months ago! The massive button caught my eye and captured my heart ♥


 Cute as a button! ♥




   Purchased summer wedges ;)



Couldn't resist this tartan patterned shoes, so ideal for work! ♥



I purchased this book a week ago and finished it within three days.
It's a crime thriller by Natsuo Kirino. It's such a thrilling book, I couldn't put it down!


Although I was a little disappointed with the ending, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I must admit, even though I've helped out in surgeries, I felt quite sick reading certain passages in the book.
I really should start picking up reading again.

I waste so many hours in front of a laptop; shopping online, facebook-ing, reading blogs and what not.


Now I'm obssessed with playing this Nine-letter-word game online: http://chi.lexigame.com/
You'd need to form as many words as possible from 9 given letters, which must include at least one particular letter.
Well... at least I'm exercising my brain. *shrug

 //  ♥


PS: Thanks for the concern guys. I know my angry entry the other day caused some raised eyebrows, but I really want to get it off my chest. It's only money that I have to give up, but it's hard-earned money, of which shouldn't even come out of my savings account, just because of a mistake made by others. SIGH.
Oh well, what do you do? Live and let live I suppose.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...