Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Ebony no more


I have never, ever, EVER dyed my hair before.

Well, that is until last Saturday.



Virgin hair no more!!!
I had warm tones placed into the top part of my crown and the lower sections of my scalp.

Fortunately for me, one of my colleagues is taking a hairdressing course and is using me as her model ... guinea pig :D

I am more than happy to let her practice on my hair! Earlier this year, I have grown bored of my hair. I do love that it is thick and intensely black but I am growing keen on injecting a little more personality into my hair.

The highlights were done in Aveda Institute of Tafe where my colleague is a student. I would actually advise first-timers to go to professionals for highlights as it took my colleague a long time to foil my hair (this was her first try). My back was a little sore at the end of the day.



I actually intended to have my whole hair coloured but both my colleague and her teacher advised against it as they believe it'd be such a drastic change that I'd have a scare each time I look in the mirror.

In actual fact, I was very eager to take any opportunity to see the new colours in my hair!! The next morning, I found myself jumping out of bed so I can have a good look in the light.

Although the colours do not show up very well unless in good lighting, I am absolutely thrilled. I cannot wait to have my whole hair coloured soon!




At first, I want a warm chestnut colour so I didn't have to be fussed with the growing roots but I am actually thinking of going lighter with a more caramel colour.


These are the following colours I intend to try:


I am a little hesitant on going for a light honey colour (most right) as I am unsure on whether it would suit my skin tone but it is really a pretty colour.

I'm currently in love with all the tousled loose japanese waves. My hair is slightly wavy naturally but it still needs to be either straightened or curled to look good.
Unfortunately (or fortunately?), I am rather low maintenance with my hair so we'll see how it goes. 

These new highlights (and future colouring) do mean that I have to change my hair care routine if I want my new highlights to last. After spending an effing long time in the coloured-hair care aisle, I finally decided on John Frieda's Liquid Shine Shampoo and Conditioner. I tried them last night and didn't think they were anything special, especially for A$11 each. I suppose I will have to read more reviews online and will find suitable ones after through some trial and error :)



// ♥

7 comments:

Pammy said...

The first and second hair colors look nice! :)

LishyWishy ♥ said...

Yes I think so too. You have good taste ;)

Uncle Yenny said...

Wow Twinno I didn't know you'd never dyed your hair before! Ohhohoho.. Welcome to the "dark side"! >:D

I can't wait to see how your hair will turn out when you go a few shades lighter~ Gotta love those Japanese hairstyles.. *swoon* And what with your contact lenses, you're guna look just like one of them kawaii Japanese chicks! XD

Anyhoo.. If you're looking for other shampoos to try, how about this?
http://www.lorealparis.com.au/haircare/women/elvive-colour-protect/protecting-shampoo.aspx
^^ It's Elvive Colour-Protect Shampoo by L'oreal. I guess not everyone's hair is the same, but I find it works well for me in terms of maintaining the color longer. Also keeps hair shiny and soft.. And not to mention smelling YUMMY! (Haha sorry, forgive the product infomercial spammage)

LishyWishy ♥ said...

I embrace the dark side!! XD

I'm super excited!! I really want a whole new look :3

And thanks so much for the recommendation. I didn't think John Frieda's shampoo made my hair any softer. I can't tell if it'll maintain my hair colour.. I've only used it twice. KEKEKEKE.

I shall go and buy the shampoo tomorrow! >=)

Uncle Yenny said...

Oh Twinno.. :( This is perhaps very party pooper-ish of me to say, but be careful what you wish for.. Or actually, more like: Be careful who you choose to do your hair for you. >__<

I went to the hair salon yesterday and had quite a lousy experience, and the whole way through it just reminded me of your blog entry and how you would recommend people going to a professional stylist to get something done.. Wel.. You would think that you can trust a "professional", but.. apparently not always. T__T Bah, anyway enough ranting or this will just turn into spam.

Hope the shampoo will be to your liking Twinno, and hopefully it'll work for your hair as well~ ^^

LishyWishy ♥ said...

Oh no twinno!!! >__<
Poor you! I'm sorry you had such a bad experience! :(

I suppose this is why I never really wanted to colour my hair before; I don't have a hairstylist I completely trust yet and I've heard so many horror stories before! >__<

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...