Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hitting the slopes



It was AWESOME!



Well, at first it was quite frustrating that I was unable to control the snowboard and kept falling all over the place.



This was my face after the first day: disheartened and tired. Josh was pumped as always; he's a natural athlete so nothing could deter him.

However, on the second day, I actually managed to pick it up! I even managed to go down a beginner's trail called 'Wombat' twice, albeit a lot slower than everyone else. This man actually made three runs and noticed me on his way down the third time to ask if I was okay since I was sitting on the sides each time he passed me.


I fell a few times due to bad luck; other beginners in my way, collecting me and loss of balance but a lot of the time, I had to purposely fall because I needed to rest!!

Since I'm only able to do a 'falling leaf' down the slopes (a motion like a leaf falling down), it took a lot of energy and time. Especially for someone who hardly exercises and is naturally quite clumsy!

So I am actually very proud of myself! So is Josh! I can't wait to go back up again!!


There were plenty of beginners in our group of 14 so it was fun trying to learn together!



Moreover, our friend Perry managed to score us a breathtakingly gorgeous accommodation at Dreamers Spa!


The outside spa we didn't manage to use cause we would have to clean it out and no one wanted to do it after a long day at the slopes!!


 The magnificent interior!


The master bedroom Josh and I shared. Thanks to everyone who decided to let us sleep here ♥

The breathtaking view outside our doorstep!


It was such a great weekend.


Can't wait to go back!! ♥



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...