Saturday, November 19, 2011

REVIEW: L'oreal Color Riche Lipstick

Why... hello there!


Yes, yes. It's been ages.

I apologize.

Since I know you will forgive me (otherwise you wouldn't be reading this) I am not going to bore you with my excuses.

Onwardssssssssss!!!!


Since summer is almost here (and Melbourne is finally get some warm weather), I am experimenting with corals! 

Now, I am not a big lipstick person but since using Maybelline's Moisture Extreme lipstick, I've been converted. Till then, I have always thought lipsticks were dry and draggy. (Unfortunately, it's been discontinued! How sad!!!!! T__T)

Anyho, I went hunting for a bright coral lipstick and found it in L'oreal's Color Riche lipstick in "Magnetic Coral"





True to its name, L'Oreal's Color Riche is highly-pigmented.


One swatch on the left and two swatches on the right. Very opaque.

The lipstick contains gold flecks to give the rich color some dimension. 

To be honest, I am not particularly a fan of shimmer in lipstick but I am not bothered by it as this lipstick gives me is one of the richest color I've seen. 

Now I did say that I don't tend to use lipstick, let alone one that is vibrant. This lipstick is so opaque that I actually dab off any excess for fear of scaring children and old biddies who frequent the clinic I work in. Despite this, I am able to retain the vibrancy and am actually enjoying the striking color on my lips for a change and have received compliments.



This is how it would look on my lips: prepped with lipbalm, swiped with color riche and had the excess dabbed off.

Unfortunately, L'oreal Color Riche lipstick is not moisturizing. I usually dab on some lipbalm/gloss prior so that the lipstick will glide. If I fail to do so, then I find it coarse and draggy; perhaps this is due to the gold flecks embedded?

The packaging is very attractive in its light rose gold case. Sadly, it will start to look a little dull after much use.


Nonetheless, it is a decent lipstick that will give me the bright summery lips I am looking for! ♥




Now, since I've been gone for so long, I think you all deserve a photo to remind you how cute I am!



Thank you so much for reading! ♥



// ♥

1 comment:

josarine said...

I've been crazy about lip sticks lately... and Loreal was not my choice because I thought it is expensive for a drug store product. But seems it made you happy, will give a try. Thanks :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...