Sunday, December 04, 2011

Day at the Caulfield Races


 I had such a great time with my colleagues at the Caulfield Races for a small Christmas event. Unfortunately at least half of the staff were not able to turn up due to commitments, but it didn't really matter as we all thoroughly enjoyed our time at the race course.






Due to respect for my colleagues' privacy, I am censoring their faces. Fortunately I managed to find some adorable photoshop brushes to mask their true identities with cuteness.


In the end I decided on the first dress cause it was such a beautiful bright colour! It was also much more elegant-looking than the other dress.




































































As some of you may know, the races are usually formal events where participants must adhere to a strict dress code. Women are highly encouraged to wear hats or fascinators.

We just stuck flowers into our hair but as you can see in the last photo on the right, one of my colleagues actually used a fascinator! :D

For most of us, it was our first time at the races so it was pretty exciting. We all tried to have a go at betting on some horses. I did win some but not enough to recover my losses; I think in all, I must have lost around $25 which isn't a lot! It's all for a bit of fun ;)

It was a great experience and certainly one of which I will not easily forget.


Hope everyone's had a good weekend too!! ♥





2 comments:

Cate ♥ said...

new follower here :$

i've never been to the races before! :O

i love the colour of your dress :) it complements your skin tone very nicely! :D

http://amourtypos.blogspot.com

LishyWishy ♥ said...

Aww.. thank you for your kind comments!! ♥

I suggest you try going to the races at least once and experience it.

It wasn't as grand as I thought but then again, I went on a day that wasn't as highly publicized. In any case, I had a ball because of the company I was with ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...