Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cute D.I.Y Dripping Nails Tutorial

Merry Christmas everyone! ;)

Just a quick post today! Since my dripping nails drew a bit of attention, I wanted to show you how you can re-create it without any tools whatsoever.




So basically you'd need to select two colours; one as a base, and the other to create dripping tips.



Here I'm using Rimmel's Mocha Fever which is a gorgeous rich colour with tiny flecks of glitter embedded to give it an extra dimension, and Rimmel's London Clours as my "snow/vanilla" drips.


Step 1: Start with your base colour.
This is how it looks with two coats of Mocha Fever.
 

Step 2: Using your second lacquer, draw downwards (to the tip of your nails) on either sides of the nail. Best to have drips of varying heights and always start from 1/3 or 1/4 from the tip of your nails.



Step 3: Connect the drips by going over the tips of your nails. Don't worry if it's messy. It's supposed to look that way.

Finish with a top coat and you're done! ;)




I hope everyone's having a great safe Christmas.
Spotted this cute car yesterday!! :3

Happy holidays!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved the nail art :)

Following you..If you like please visit my blog
http://siri-mythoughts.blogspot.com/

Dana K said...

LOVE IT! chocolates and frosting or vanilla ice cream melt effect :)

came across your blog from "Keep Calm, It's Myteefine"

kerker said...

oh my gosh this looks so cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...