Saturday, April 14, 2007

Rest In Peace . . .

I can't believe Calvin left.

Tears are welling up in my eyes as I type this.
He's gone.


Just hours ago, Seng Kheng asked me over MSN if I knew who Calvin Chee was.
I told him that Calvin was my childhood friend but we lost contact after he transferred after secondary 3. Although I did bump into him early this year. . .
Then he told me that Calvin collapsed during a lecture yesterday.
Then he said that he may have passed away.

I was really angry at first.
I didn't think it was funny at all.

But it was true.

When it all sank in, I couldn't help but burst into tears.
I wasn't very close to him but he was a friend. He was probably the most patient person I know. I have never once seen him angry.
I remember back in primary school where a group of us would just sit and chat about things.

At the time I didn't understand why he always missed classes to go to the hospital. I knew he had to be quite ill if he was visiting the hospital that often.
He has thellasemia. . .


I remember him reading one of my essays out loud, "My ambition is to be a scientist." He turned to me and proceeded to act out as a scientist. Pretending to hold two test tubes in each hand, he mixed them and was surprised to see that nothing happened so he stuck his eye into one and it blew in his face.

I remember sitting in his house playing a South Park video game with Alex when we were supposed to do a discussion for a History detabe.

I remember coming to school with a dodgy haircut and he said I looked nice. . . =)


.
.
.
.
.

He's only 20.
In fact, he's only a week or so older than me.

They said that he passed out from shortness of breath and today, he left us.
I want to end this entry on a happy note but somehow I can't seem to find a way to do so. Forgive me.


I'm still in shock. It was just so sudden. So very sudden.
But it was his time. God beckoned him. God will guide him.
Rest in peace, Calvin.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...